Job Vacancy: Digital Editor/Marketer Required by RMC Media
Would you love to shout about Sheffield?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to shape the digital future of the region’s leading publishing company – RMC Media.
The role entails:
- Editing the RMC website to ensure it is current and topical.
- Writing copy for the majority of the site, paying special attention to Sheffield Vibe – RMC’s highly successful online magazine, launched in 2016.
- Increasing both traffic to the website and the reach of our digital channels.
- Being responsible for administering and generating copy for the RMC social media accounts.
- Liaising with clients to ensure their messages are delivered via both the website and social media posts.
Your qualities are:
- An ability to write accurately, quickly and succinctly. Hence a background in journalism/public relations would be an advantage.
- Having a finger on the pulse of what makes Sheffield tick. Cultivating good contacts who will give you the information on all the news and gossip in the city, from bar openings to music festivals.
- A commitment to help the digital operation generate revenue. Flexibility to work as part of a team with our sales executives is therefore vital.
- An inventive and creative approach to maximising revenue generation across the website and social media channels. Hence some experience of monetising digital opportunities would be an advantage as well as a desire to explore fresh opportunities.
Initially you will running the digital desk on your own, supported by RMC resources, but we aim to grow the department significantly in the coming months.
This unique job demands long hours and the application of a range of skill sets. But it is rewarding and challenging, offering a salary to reflect relevant experience.
Applications to John Murphy, RMC Media, Second Floor, Number 40 Little London Road, Sheffield S8 0UH. John.email@example.com.