Starting a magazine with RMC Media could be your passport to a lucrative new future.
Take your first steps to a lucrative new career with RMC Media
Have you ever dreamed of starting your own magazine? RMC Media can show you how.
Started in 1986 by two Sheffield journalists John Murphy and Martin Edwards, RMC Media’s magazine operation has grown from a single up-market free monthly to a highly-profitable stable of nine lifestyle, community and business titles. We also produce a range of specialist publications and special commissions.
RMC Media’s success has been built on a winning combination of high quality editorial, design and informative local advertising ensuring that clients enjoy unparalleled levels of response.
Now RMC Media is offering you the chance to build the same kind of success – with our help.
With our support and expertise, you can turn your dream of owning your own magazine into a profitable reality.
HOW IT WORKS
Whatever kind of magazine you want to own, we can help you build the foundations. Think of us as an experienced business partner you can turn to for advice.
You can choose to work full or part-time, from home or from an office and have full control over the content that appears in your magazine. We’ll be there to help you make the key decisions to shape your business.
Our premium A4 glossy magazines are distributed FREE to clearly defined audiences, but how is this possible? Quality content and distribution means our advertising space commands premium prices. With our support you, too, could earn large profits for your magazine business.
And as part of our offer, we guarantee not to select another magazine partner within a 25-mile radius of your location. Click here to enquire whether your location is available.
THE SKILLS YOU NEED
We can teach you many of the skills you will need, but you will need to be:
- A good communicator who enjoys working with people.
- Driven to succeed
- Motivated to work long hours and prepared to make sacrifices to build your business
In addition you will need a PC or Apple Mac with desktop publishing software and a colour printer for advertising proofs. We can advise on the various options.
WHAT TYPE OF MAGAZINE COULD I RUN?
RMC Media’s stable contains glossy lifestyle magazines, community-based magazines, and an up-market business title. We can advise you on what kind of magazine best suits your chosen area – there’s a style to fit any location!
WHAT CAN I EARN?
Our lifestyle titles return anything between £12,000 to £85,000 an edition.
Our community titles return anything between £12,000 to £25,000.
We advise that your first edition should be at least 52 pages and have a print run of at least 15,000 copies.
The print cost would be around £3,100 (using our printers) and distribution, under our model, would be around £700. So any advertising sales over £3,800 would be instant profit!
Our expert advice will help you make the right decisions to give you a viable income, flexible hours and give you more control over your time, your career and your life.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
We offer three packages, Silver, Gold and Platinum, to get you started. Read on for more details.
SILVER – cost £2,445 plus VAT
- Two days’ training in sales, editorial and production at RMC Media’s head office in Sheffield
- An opportunity to meet our team of experts to get their advice on your project.
- Regular advice during your first year of trading.
- Access to our fantastic print prices – saving you thousands every month.
- In addition you will receive our Launch Manual, which is split into four sections.
1 Setting up your business.
- Identify your distribution area and what type of magazine is best.
- How to set a distribution network.
- Understand print terminology and the secrets of print buying.
- Business essentials such as understanding profit and loss forecasting and how to calculate your costs.
- Establishing a rate card.
- Creating space booking forms incorporating standard terms and conditions.
- Writing compelling advertising and editorial copy.
- Taking photographs for ads and articles.
- Designing covers and pages to grab the attention of readers.
- Organising a flat-plan to decide what content goes where.
- Maximising revenue from editorial/advertising packages.
- Proofing editorial with clients.
3 Advertising sales
- Creating a media pack
- Sourcing leads
- Essential sales skills such as securing appointments in the face of opposition.
- Closing the deal.
- Encouraging long-term commitment from customers.
- Developing editorial packages to boost revenue and secure a great response for advertisers.
- Maximising the size of the advertisements you sell.
- Operating a contact management system.
4 Administering your business
- Credit check limited companies and sole traders/partnerships.
- Secure pre-payment from certain clients.
- Operate your accounts system.
- Chase payment from debtors.
- Negotiate the best possible prices and credit terms from suppliers.
The cost of all this is just £2,445 plus VAT, including our pledge not to partner with anyone with a 25-mile radius of your postcode.
All the items covered in the Silver package PLUS access to our library of articles. For £250 per month (minimum six-month contract) you get up to 10 articles per month from our library of travel, food and general lifestyle pieces. We can even customise the articles for you for a small fee.
Everything included in the Silver and Gold packages PLUS RMC Media will design and lay out all the advertising and editorial in every edition for you. The cost is a discounted initial charge of £2,150 plus VAT for everything included in the Silver package plus a monthly charge of £1,650 per month for a 52-page edition. The minimum contract period for this service is six months. Discounted articles can also be purchased as the Gold package.
AND FINALLY . . .
Our packages represent great value and we are with you all the way. Remember: this is not a franchise scheme – you own your own magazine and retain all the profits. RMC Media has been around for more than 30 years. Who better to advise you on how to set up your own magazine business?
To enquire, call John Murphy on 0114 250 6300 or email email@example.com