The latest from Westside Financial's Graham Green
At an appropriate time of the year I thought I would issue a slightly funny blog. The deadline for your tax return was 31 January – so the timing is rather appropriate.
Classic excuses given to the revenue for late returns –
1) I am in mourning my gold fish has died – (tax payer is a builder)
2) I had a run in with a cow - (farmer)
3) After seeing the volcanic eruption I could not concentrate (tax payer in UK)
4) My husband told me they could be done up to 1 April
5) I have been too busy at work to bother about this.
6) As I have a bad back I have been unable to fill in my returns as they are stored upstairs (taxi driver)
7) I have been cruising around the world so not been able to get my post.
8) Our business does not make much profit (financial services company)
9) My wife never gives me the mail so I was not aware.
10) –BEST OF ALL – I have been too busy filling in my clients tax returns (accountant)