A fantastic line up of musical entertainment has been planned for the annual Fox Valley Food and Music Festival
The free two-day event will take place on 15 and 16 June (the weekend of the centre's third birthday) and will be filled with good food and a great line up of live music from some great local performers.
The Fox Valley team have linked with the Valley Music Festival for the first time to showcase local musical talent as well as a great foodie line up.
There will be a host of traders at the weekend event who will be selling an array of delicious fresh produce as well as to go food options for all the family.
Some of the traders due to take part in this year’s festival include The Little Badger Cider Company and Continental Catering, The Greedy Greek Deli, The Cheese Shop, The Fudge Bar and The Old Bridge Bakery.
On the Saturday the demo kitchen will be up and running on the main stage interspersed by musical performances in 30-minute sets. Performers will also be entertaining the crowds in the Fox Valley Bandstand.
On the Sunday all acts will perform on the main stage. Among the acts performing over the weekend are Graham Lindley and Charlotte Woodhead, as well as the Sangeet Asian Women’s Choir and Dance Dynamique.
Fox Valley’s event manager Kayleigh Marron said: ‘We are all looking forward to the annual Food and Music Festival and can’t wait to hear our line-up of great local talented musicians.
“It’s fantastic we have been able to work with the team from the Valley Music Festival on the event – bringing together good food and great music, what could be better! Just like the foodie line up our musical line up is really diverse, there is something to suit everyone.
Sponsors of this year’s event are Neomed, Henry Boot, Stocksbridge Town Council and Live & Learn.
Bolsterstone Male Voice Choir
See full weekend line-up below:
Saturday 15 June:
• 10:30am – Jennie Machan
• 11:30am – Graham Lindley
• 12:30pm – Holly-Mae Thompson
• 1:30pm – Jack Chapman
• 2:30pm – Peter Watt (Jazz)
• 3:30pm – Robert Wolstenholme
• 10am – Liz Roberts
• 11am – Kathryn Walker
• 12pm – Sangeet Asian Women’s Choir
• 1pm – Jack Chapman Pupils
• 2pm – Harmony Music School
• 3pm – Cockle Bread
Sunday 16 June:
• 10am – Jim Darnill and Son
• 10:20am – Gillian Banks Singers
• 10:40am – Charlotte Woodhead
• 11am – Graceful Harmony
• 11:20am – Dance Dynamique
• 11:40am – Red House
• 12pm – Steel Valley Beacon
• 12:20pm – Graham Cowley Young Performers
• 12:40 – Alfie Wright
• 1pm – Jack’s Theatre School
• 1:20pm – Thurgoland
• 1:40pm – Emily Atkinson and Elliott Walker
• 2pm – Branching out dance school
• 2:20pm – Waldershelf Singers
• 2:40pm – No identity
• 3pm – Deepcar St John
• 3:15pm – Presentation
• 3:20pm – Robert James Band (blues)
• 3:50pm – Stannington MC
• 4:10pm – Bolsterstone MVC