Entries open for the Barnsley and Rotherham Business Awards
Entries for the Barnsley and Rotherham Business Awards, sponsored by University Centre Rotherham, are now open to businesses, who have until Friday 31 August to submit their entries.
The 12 award categories are open to businesses of all sizes in all sectors operating within an ‘S’ postcode throughout the Sheffield City Region, as well as all members of Barnsley & Rotherham Chamber.
Taking place at Magna in Rotherham on Friday 19 October, the awards ceremony will be hosted by award-winning radio and TV host Stephanie Hirst, followed by a pre-dinner drinks reception kindly supported by Julie Kenny CBE.
The annual award ceremony recognises the achievements of local businesses and the contribution they make to the business economy. This year, a total of 14 awards are up for grabs, including the Chamber’s much sought after Charity of the Year award, in association with Fortem, and the overall Business of the Year award, sponsored by Gibson Booth Business Solutions & Insolvency.
The award categories are:
- Apprentice of the Year (sponsored by Enzygo)
- Business Community Impact (sponsored by SteelPhalt Harsco)
- Business Growth (sponsored by Finance For Enterprise)
- Business Person of the Year (sponsored by Shorts Chartered Accountants)
- Environmental Commitment (sponsored by Russell Richardson)
- Excellence in Customer Service (sponsored by Pyronix Hikvision)
- Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism
- Innovation in Manufacturing (sponsored by National Fluid Power Centre)
- Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Most Promising New Business
- Skills Development (sponsored by Chamber Skills Solutions)
The Chamber will be acknowledging five businesses who are celebrating significant milestones this year during a Salute to Business presentation in association with XPO Logistics. This will be followed by an individual being honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award and a member charity being announced as the Chamber’s Charity of the Year and receiving a £3,000 donation for their chosen project.
The closing date for award entries is Friday 31 August and the shortlist will be announced on Monday 17 September. For further information on how to enter, the award categories and more, visit their website.
Sponsors also include: Impelling Solutions (Media Sponsor), Jeremy Neal Independent Funeral Directors and Morthyng Group Limited (Entertainment Sponsors) and Rotherham Enterprise Agency Limited (Programme Sponsor). Sponsorship packages are available, for further information contact 01709 386200.